The Friends of Benenden Grange (FOBG) are a registered charity set up in 2007.
FOBG provides funding to enable individuals who are supported by the services to continue to develop holistically with learning and social opportunities in their lives which they would otherwise not afford.
The Friends were set up by family members of the individuals who are supported by The Grange (2016) Ltd.
Why the Friends exist
The Friends objective is simple –
to improve the lives of those who are supported by The Grange
The difference the Friends make
The funds raised from the Friends charity events have:
- supported individuals to have holidays
- purchased raised flower beds to enable people to learn about growing their own produce
- purchased technology to enable video calling to friends and family during the pandemic
- purchased items to develop the coffee shop
- purchased equipment to be used for social and learning activities
The Friends have also been able to provide funds for larger projects, such as:
- the large patio area in the garden to provide a stable base for residents to sit outside
- a wooden out building used for a coffee shop
- purchased a visitor pod to facilitate safe visits during the COVID-19 pandemic
How you can support FOBG
Donations can be made to Friends of Benenden Grange through our Just Giving Page
Friends of Benenden Grange host a range of events throughout the year. The largest event is an annual charity golf day which normally takes place in September.
The gardens at The Grange also hold significant historical importance so an annual open gardens event is hosted every year in early April when the Cherry Blossom is out.
You can read about past and upcoming events here.
The Friends of Benenden Grange registered charity number is 1120252.
- Chair Person – Mrs Patricia Montgomery
- Treasurer – Miss Claire Montgomery
- Secretary – Miss Jodie Dane